History of the Church

Left Church Altar Right

The Church Altar with the organ pipes above.

The original Church was built in 1846 on land donated by Judge George Allison and Reverend Hopper in Clinton Street. Later, Clarence Eckerson donated land to build a larger church at the present location on Hudson Avenue and Main Street. This building was begun in 1907 and completed mainly with private contributions of both money and materials. In April 2005, the Church celebrated its 158th anniversary with a re-dedication service.